Welcome to the Chain Factor Wiki.
This wiki is a reference for information collected about the "Chain Factor" web-based game/mystery, which is related to the television show, Numb3rs. Despoiler, the Despoiler Chain Factor Wiki, and Unfiction are not affiliated in any way with the Chain Factor game, the Numb3rs television show, CBS, or CBS Interactive. Posting to this Wiki is subject to a modified version of the Unfiction Community Terms of Service. Please keep pages and "talk:" discussions civil. Play nice.
Editing of this Wiki has been disabled for all but sysops. Thanks to all authors for their contributions!
Current Todo List
- Check out billboards at remaining Locations (per various ErrorCodes). Completed.
- Solve the (missing/unsolved/potential) KeyCodes. Completed.
- Find more ErrorCodes (see ErrorCode Predictions for where you can help). Completed.
- Sign up here to enter shutdown codes today, Sunday December 2 at 4 pm EST. Completed.
- Play Power Mode and Survival Mode on Chain Factor until countdown expires.
Other items of interest
- ErrorCodes and Predicted ErrorCodes - Randomly received after finishing a game of Chain Factor.
- Characters - Revealed thru "conversations" in ErrorCodes text.
- Locations - Real world locations referenced in ErrorCodes text.
- KeyCodes - Used to unlock PowerIcons for use in a game of Chain Factor.
- ShutdownKeys - new type of code appearing in ErrorCodes text.
- Quotes of the Day - Displayed on the sidebar of ChainFactor.com (we're missing a few).
- Unforum Thread and IRC channel irc://irc.chat-solutions.org/numb3rs
Timeline of events
Week 4: December 1 - 7, 2007
- 2007-12-02: All ShutdownKeys entered and Chain Factor sequence initiated.
- 2007-12-01: Final two PowerIcons unlocked: Cull and Reveal.
- 2007-12-01: New KeyCodes found: DELICIOUS, FREE.
Week 3: November 24 - 30, 2007
- 2007-11-27: Newly unlocked PowerIcons: Transmute
- 2007-11-27: New KeyCodes found: CHEMISTRY.
Week 2: November 17 - 23, 2007
- 2007-11-23: With Sift unlocked, new ErrorCodes appeared: 039, 046, 047, 048, 058, 059, 060, 072, 073, 084, 086, 094, 096.
- 2007-11-23: Newly unlocked PowerIcons: Sift
- 2007-11-23: New ErrorCodes added: 023, 038, 040, 049, 051, 061, 062, 064, 067, 076, 079, 090, 097, 113, 121.
- 2007-11-22: New ErrorCodes added: 006, 010, 014, 027, 028, 030, 034, 036, 042, 044, 052, 055, 075, 087, 091, 109, 117.
- 2007-11-19: Newly unlocked PowerIcons: Erode, Postpone, Promote.
- 2007-11-17: ShutdownKeys has appeared; purpose currently unknown.
- 2007-11-17: New KeyCodes added: CORROSION, HEALTH, INTELLIGENCE, REELEVATE, SUBDUE, SWELLING, UNLOCK.
- 2007-11-17: "F" is now considered to be Frank Riegert.
- I'm going to try to be slightly more verbose in the updates now. Good? --Morbus Iff 04:28, 17 November 2007 (PST)
Week 1: November 9 - 16, 2007
- 2007-11-16: An ad appears for Chain Factor during today's episode of Numb3rs.
- 2007-11-15: Lots of new billboards appearing and images social engineered. See KeyCodes.
- 2007-11-12: NYC Subway billboards advertising ChainFactor.com.
- Reports indicate discovery of the site from ads on CBS, Sportsline and Star Trek websites. These ads included KeyCodes.
- 2007-11-11: imbri receives the trailhead in email.
- 2007-11-09: Numb3rs episode "Primacy" airs. Images (by Rowan) from the show are below (and contain KeyCodes).
- The semaphore has been decoded to read: "Primacy - secrets of the city 208525138" (script).